Intent: to understand if the habits/rituals of the frequent flyers can mitigate the ill effects of jet lag
Goal: Introduction and making the person comfortable
- how many flights you think you take each year?
- do you remember your first flight?
- how long are your stays in the destinations?
- what is your fondest memory in the flight?
Goal: Question my assumptions
Duration: 12 minutes
- do you usually travel alone or have a company? does it matter?
- do you think you feel jet lagged in the first few days?
- does it affect you in anyway? if yes, how do you cope with it?
- how does it have any social interaction implications, fluctuation in mood, food habit, sleep or health?
- do you remember any particular incident?
- was the effect different while travelling from east to west versus vice versa?
Duration: 8 minutes
- how many weeks early do you buy your flight tickets before the date of flight?
- do you check for the difference in time between the destinations?
- is there anything in particular do you do to get accustomed to the new place before leaving? (behaviour)
- are there things in mind that you wish you could to do differently that might help minimise the effect of jet lag? (aspiration)
Goal: Journey and beyond
Duration: 10 minutes
- how do you adjust the shift in time on the plane and after reaching?
- does the nature of visit impact the routine and day to day habit for the trip?
- do you keep in mind about routines in the plane like food, consumption of alcohol?
- how do you cope with stress during vacation versus work?
- does the duration of stay affect (long/short) have different affect on the body?
- have you noticed any long term effect of travelling still lingering with you?